Recruitment for manufacturing roles
The manufacturing sectors in Australia are facing significant change. In manufacturing, traditional industries continue to shrink while global consumption continues to increase. While there remain some manufacturing giants in the country, the majority of the sector is comprised of small to medium-sized enterprises that have the potential to play a key role in shifting traditional industries into new spheres of competitive advantage. In the face of a declining manufacturing sector, it offers real scope for new growth and diversification through advanced manufacturing, influenced most by the people leading its businesses.
The skills to deliver success
Across the multi-faceted manufacturing sectors, we know how vital it is for you to have a team with the right mix of skills to ensure you are positioned for success. With the ability to influence everything from infrastructure to innovation to development to productivity, they sit at the heart of Australia’s competitiveness. Leaders in manufacturing roles typically face a range of challenges and opportunities including:
- Competing with cheaper overseas imports that benefit from greater economies of scale
- Managing a volatile commodities market including fluctuating exchange rates with increasing global competition
- Balancing traditional manufacturing practices with emerging and rapidly changing technologies, digital advancements and even new manufacturing industries
- Maintaining job satisfaction for teams to avoid the risks associated with ‘brain drain’ and the ongoing loss of talent to other industries and even countries
The right candidate can create new value for your business including opening up new markets, products and services, identifying productivity improvements, supporting industry collaboration and positioning your business to better bridge the traditional/emerging industry divide.
Carroll Consulting experience
Our culture-fit recruitment experts offer extensive history in recruiting for manufacturing clients. This experience spans large companies through to dynamic small to medium-sized enterprises.
For more information or a free culture-fit assessment to support future recruitment, please contact our team today.
For manufacturing clients, we recruit roles such as:
- Manufacturing managers
- Production managers
- Engineering managers
- Financial controllers
- Human resources managers
- Sales and marketing managers
- Logistics and supply chain managers
- Procurement managers
- Maintenance managers
- Design managers
- Operations managers
- Procurement officers
- Inventory controllers
- Accounts managers