Type of personal information held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for roles
- Role performance information
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Staff information
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
- Identification and/or qualification documentation
- Psychometric or skills testing results
Purposes for which information is held
Carroll Consulting primarily holds personal information for the following:
- Recruitment and placement operations
- Human resource management and consulting
- Staff management
- Client and business relationship management
- Performance information
Carroll Consulting may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose.
In the case that we may use cloud based service providers, information may be transferred and/or stored overseas. Our service providers take security seriously. However, should unexpected or unauthorised access to personal data occur, Carroll Consulting is not liable, but will report any breach to the relevant authorities.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so.
Carroll Consulting contracts out a number of services from time-to-time. Our contractors may see some of your personal information. Typically, our contractors would include:
- IT contractors and database designers
- External consultants (eg our lawyers)
- Other recruitment consultancies
Carroll Consulting has established, trusting relationships with other recruitment and consulting organisations with whom we may wish to share a candidate’s information for job seeking purposes only. However, we will obtain your permission before progressing with any such action.
Enquiries and complaints
You can make further enquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Privacy Coordinator:
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the APP, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We will refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
You may access your personal information by contacting our Privacy Coordinator in writing. You will need to verify your identity. We may impose a moderate charge in providing access, particularly if information has been archived. There may also be a time in delay in retrieving information. Our Privacy Coordinator can discuss this with you.